7 Tips and Bible Verses To Control Your Temper
Everyone gets angry and it is inevitable and a natural reaction of human beings. However, we need to guard ourselves so that anger and other similar emotions will not control us. When we lose our temper and we cannot handle our anger, we say harsh words or do careless things that can damage yourself and the people around you. As the bible says, “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. –Ephesians 4-26-27
1. Whisper a Prayer: Matthew 26:41 – Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
2. Think First: Proverbs 29:11 – Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.
3. Take a Deep Breath: Proverbs 14:29 – Those who control their anger have great understanding; those with a hasty temper will make mistakes.
4. Stay in God’s Love: 1 Corinthians 13: 4-5 – Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
5. Be Watchful: James 1:19 – My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
6. Be Kind: Ephesians 4:31-32 – Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
7. Be Gentle: Proverbs 15:1 – A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.
Learn the art of controlling your anger and other emotions by engaging in God’s Word, Bible study notes and bible journaling is one of the fun and exciting ways to connect your faith with your creativity.