7 Biblical Ways To Effectual Prayers
Prayer is a way of life for Christians — it is an indispensable tool to communicate with God. Through prayer we learn to put our trust in Him and help make our journey here on earth much easier.
Here are 7 Biblical tips to help your prayer effective and strengthen your daily walk with the Lord.
1. Be thankful. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.– Philippians 4:6
2. Confess your sin. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. — James 5:16.
3. Humble yourself to God. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.– 2 Chronicles 7:14
4. Be obedient to God’s Word. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. – John 15:7
5. Ask according to His Will. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us. – 1 John 5:14
6. Believe that you have already received it. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. – Mark 11:24
7. Wait patiently. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. – Psalm 27:14
Make it a habit to keep notebooks and journals to record your prayers and thoughts on Him every day, and you will be amazed how God is faithful and true to His Promises. God always hears our prayers, and the Lord is not slack concerning His promise (2 Peter 3:9).