12 Animated Bible Stories that Kids Will Surely Love
Most of our little children love watching animated stories like fairy tales and superheroes–these stories have significant influence on shaping their characters and values. They learn to admire the main characters in the stories and aspire to be like them. That said, let’ us take this great opportunity to introduce the real heroes of the Bible that will teach quality Christian values to our children.
The Bible holds timeless teachings and instructions for raising empowered children. Watching animated stories not only entertain our kids, but an effective way to instill faith in them.
1. Daniel –A young Jewish who was thrown into the lion’s den for not obeying the king’s decree that for thirty days no prayers should be addressed to any god but the king himself. God saved him by closing the lions’ jaws. A beautiful story of trust and loyalty.
2. Esther –A beautiful young queen who takes courage to risk her own life in order to save the lives of her fellow Jews. Esther is the Bible’s greatest heroine who saves the Jewish people with her courage.
3. David and Goliath — David fearlessly faces a fearsome giant named Goliath and kills him with only a slingshot. An expression of bravery through faith in God.
4. Elijah — A prophet sent by God who overcomes evil as he rejects to worship other gods.
5. Elisha – Successor of Elijah, who shows God’s power through the working of miracles.
6. Samuel – The name means “heard of God”. Hannah his mother was previously barren, but prayed to God earnestly for a child, and God answered her. He was dedicated to God and became a prophet.
7. Ruth – The book of Ruth illustrates the importance of faithfulness.
8. Joseph in Egypt – Joseph is a dreamer and favorite son of his father Jacob. Though he was betrayed by his brothers and sold as a slave, but demonstrates resolve by remaining faithful to God.
9. Abraham and Isaac – God tested Abraham through Isaac, and his full obedience is rewarded by God.
10. Solomon – Son of David and God blessed Him with great wisdom through the power of prayer.
11. Joseph’s Reunion — A lesson of love and forgiveness. Joseph shows mercy despite betrayal by his brothers.
12. Moses – Witness how God uses Moses mightily to lead Israel and learn about the power of faith and obedience.
There are countless stories in the Bible that you can watch on DVDs that will instill faith in our children. Let them enjoy watching animated Bible stories as they learn and discover God’s love and faithfulness.