Filter Our Thoughts with God’s Word
It can be really hard to maintain a daily dose of happiness and peace of mind in a world of conflict. We are bombarded with all cares of life– world’s political and economic chaos, personal conflicts, family issues, health issues,future worries, so on and so forth, and the struggle is real! But, remember happiness is healthy as what the scripture says in Proverbs 17:22, “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”
There’s an adage, “You become what you eat”, and it is true in both physical and spiritual aspects of our lives. What we feed to our physical body matters and the same is true with our spiritual being.
Our physical body needs healthy food to provide us sufficient energy and nutrients for our longevity and durability. However, if we feed our body with “junk food” we become sickly and sluggish over time. Junk food provides a temporary satisfaction to our body, but weakens our system gradually.
Same with our spiritual being, we must take greater care in what we feed to our mind and spirit. We need to deliberately choose what we put into our mind through the newspaper, internet, social media, radio, TV shows, etc. We need to filter our thoughts with God’s Word.
If we choose to pray with thanksgiving and read the Bible first thing in the morning and before we end the day, we become hopeful and cheerful amidst world conflicts and chaos. As we pray we entrust our lives to God, and as we meditate on God’s Word we feed our spirit with hope and nurture our faith. With God’s directives and promises, we can surely overcome negativity and anxiety throughout the day. Our day would be filled with joyful anticipation and hope as we lean on God’s comforting Word.
To engage and reflect on God’s Word, bible journaling is a new and exciting way to combine your faith with arts. There’s no specific rule in bible journaling, it’s all up to you. However, a Workbook Guide to Bible Journaling is a nice and useful tool to record what God is storing on your heart through the message of His Word. It is packed with fun and enjoyable techniques for lettering, painting, stickering, and stamping. There’s also space to illustrate your faith and creativity with watercolors, stencils, washi tape, and more. You’ll fall in love with your Bible over and over while getting closer to God.
To get started with your journey with God through Bible Journaling, here are 10 God’s comforting Words to include in your memory verses.
1.Psalm 94:19 (KJV) – In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
2. Psalm 73:26 – My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
3. Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
4. Proverbs 10:22 – The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.
5. Psalm 55:22 – Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
6. Psalm 37:4 – Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
7. Psalm 34:7 –The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8. Psalm 30:5 – For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
9. Psalm 46: 1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
10. Psalm 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.