How to Create a Healthy Prayer Life
There’s no other way to communicate with God, but through prayer. Prayer gives us the opportunity to approach our Heavenly Father and become one with Him in Spirit. Having a consistent prayer life will draw us closer to GOD. Through prayer, we nurture our faith in God, and that’s when we learn to truly let go and let God handle everything. Nevertheless, some of us struggle to have a consistent prayer life when we are busy all the time. “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41
Here are some wonderful tips to create a healthy prayer life.
1. Start your day with a prayer. Before you get busy, make prayer your first priority and you will find the rest of your life much easier to handle. Morning Prayer allows us to focus our heart and mind to God as we seek His guidance and protection for the day ahead.
2. Create a prayer space. Set aside a quiet place far from any distraction. It could be in the corner of your bedroom, a little space in your living room or study room. Decide that you will use this space when you pray and spend time alone with God.
3. Read your bible. Reading the Bible and reflecting on God’s Word forms part of strong prayer life. Let God speak to your heart as you read the Scriptures. Listen to His Voice wholeheartedly; you’ll be falling in love with your bible over and over.
4. Create a prayer journal. A prayer journal is an awesome way to help keep our prayer life vibrant and active. You can also use your prayer journal to keep track of your prayer requests and answered prayers. Going back to each page of prayer journal allows you to witness God’s grace and mercy.
5. Seal your night with a prayer. A bedtime prayer helps us feel comfortable and relax after a long day’s work. Starting and concluding our day with a prayer draws us closer to God and helps strengthen our relationship with Him.
Read your bible and pray everyday!