Thanksgiving Verses and Quotes to Ponder
Thanksgiving Day is one of the most awaited and cherished holidays in USA. It is an American holiday that commemorates a day set aside by our forefathers to give thanks to the Lord.
Indeed! Thanksgiving Day is a great day of celebration where families gathering around the Thanksgiving table to spend quality time together and to eat delicious Thanksgiving recipes such as roasted turkey, baked potato and other stuffing recipes. Display beautiful home decors and don’t forget to serve nuts, candies, dips, condiments and sauces in this Serving Bowl-Appetizer/Dip-Give Thanks to complete your Thanksgiving feast. This beautiful serving bowl is perfect with Serving Tray w/Bamboo Cutting Board-Bountiful Blessings to accent your Thanksgiving table with a message of bountiful blessings and gratitude.
Thanksgiving Day is a great opportunity to count our blessings and reflect on all that we have to be thankful for. Remember, the very essence of this celebration is God from whom all the blessings flow. You can use Cards-Pass It On-Count Your Blessings in which each member of the family and guests can write their favorite Thanksgiving verse or quote and let each one of them read it aloud, then allow them to give a short testimony of God’s goodness and faithfulness in their lives.
Here are some scriptures and quotes about gratitude that you can memorize by heart and use them as words of affirmation and encouragement every day and to reflect on God’s faithfulness all year round.
5 Thanksgiving verses from the Bible
- Psalms 107:8-9 – Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
- 2. Psalm 95:2-3 – Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.
- 1 Corinthians 1:4-5 – I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 – Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
- James 1:17– Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
5 Thanksgiving Quotes
- Harry Ironside – “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon – “There should be a parallel between our supplications and our thanksgivings. We ought not to leap in prayer, and limp in praise.
- G.K. Chesterton – “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
- Henry Ward Beecher – “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
- Melody Beattie – “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
Being grateful isn’t just for the Thanksgiving holiday, but being thankful is a way of life to find a grateful heart that is filled with joy and peace.